Tuesday, October 01, 2013

My Kids Are Saved

For months now our three kids have been asking lots of questions about faith, God, and the realities of sin. They get it.

After church on Sunday all three of them made it clear to me that they understood the need for Jesus and wanted to ask him to save them.

In one of my favorite passages in the Bible Jesus said this: "And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:2-4 ESV)

Jesus doesn't ask that we have it all figured out. He simply demands that we believe. Plain and simple. Either you need Jesus because you are not perfect and have sinned, or you don't need him because you are perfect and never have sinned.

My kids at 6, 8 and 8 completely get this...at their level.

They said the prayer of salvation last night with Julie and I.

"Jesus, I believe in you. Please live in my heart and forgive me of my sins."

Can it be any easier?

Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

My kids have started their journey of faith. Praise God my kids are saved!




No comments: