Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Psalm 23 Without Faith

I am my own shepherd. I am always in need.
I stumble from mall to mall and shrink to shrink, seeking relief but never finding it.
I creep through the valley of the shadow of death and fall apart.
I fear everything from pesticides to power lines and I’m starting to act like my mother.
I go down to the weekly staff meeting and am surrounded by enemies.
I go home and even the goldfish scowls at me.
I anoint my headache with extra-strength Tylenol.
My Jack Daniel’s runneth over.
Surely misery and misfortune will follow me, and I will live in self-doubt for the rest of my lonely life.

1 comment:

THE PILGRIM said...

As plain as this is, most who do not believe in God will read this and say, "what?" Remove the blinders, Lord. Let them see with clear vision.