Sunday, January 17, 2010

Football Offseason Begins....a sad day

I love football. Specifically I love Dallas Cowboys football. Today I had the kids wave by to the animated Cowboys man we leave on the fireplace daily starting each August. Their Romo jerseys will be hung up. The tailgating gear was put away in the garage and most of my Cowboys hats will be put to rest until July.

It's a sad, sad day in the life of the Speers family.

Cowboys 3, Vikings 34. Not good. Not good at all.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Wade should come back - not because I like him, but because there are no other good ones to replace him with and any change now will set things back for 1-2 years.
2. We DID improve and we have a "team" now. It has been 13 years since we have had that chemistry.
3. We have young players to build around.
4. Our defense is much improved.
5. Romo looks like he can be a winner.
6. We need to focus on a kick returner, a kicker, secondary help (Newman is totally over-rated) and offensive line help.

Next year I at least wanna get to the NFC Championship!

For now, go Saints!

No comments: