Monday, May 21, 2007

Star Wars Turns 30!


Over thirty years ago this week....today actually....the most amazing sci-fi movie in history was introduced into our lives as Star Wars was born! Characters like Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin and even Jar-Jar have since stamped our hearts with great memories and fun.


I am no Star Wars guru (ehemmm Dave Curlee) but I will never forget mom taking me to see this incredible movie 30 years ago as a young lad. We stood in line outside the Gulf Gate Mall movie theater in Houston as the line went around the building and was hundreds of people long!


Generations of kids have come and gone and yet Star Wars remains one of the most loved movie series of all time. In 10 years or so I fully expect my girls to get their first real memory themselves of watching Star Wars for the first time.


Thanks George Lucas for using the Force!


No comments: